(207) 930-0049 (c)
Professional Theatre/performance Experience
- Faustwork Mask Theatre – based in Toronto, Canada – touring nationally and internationally from 1993-2014, performing the solo show “The Mask Messenger” to performing arts centers, schools and festivals. Featured on “Good Morning, South Africa”.
- Heartwood Regional Theatre – based in Newcastle, ME – performed ‘La Poncia’ in “The House of Bernarda Alba”, ‘Pinocchio’ in “Pinocchio” which toured to schools in the mid-coast region of ME as well as several roles in “American Tales” as part of their outreach program to the schools.
- Figures of Speech Theatre – based in Freeport, ME – toured the production of “Far East” in 2007 which was an integration of puppetry, movement and theatre to schools and performing arts centers.
- “Violets in Winter” – 2007- an original mask theatre and music production with Jennifer Armstrong – toured to schools as well as part of the Belfast By The Bay New Year’s Eve performances.
- Belfast Maskers’ 2006 – “The Mask Menagerie” – Created and performed an original mask theatre production as part of their season.
- “The Daft and The Daring” – 2004 – an original mask, movement, clown, film production with Wolfe Bowart at The Rockport Opera House as a fundraiser for Waterfall Arts (Kingdom Falls at the time).
- “La Schnazola Mista” – 2004 an original mask theatre production in collaboration with The Stonington Opera House in Stonington, ME.
- “Whoa, Holy Toledo” – 2003 – an original mask theatre production with movement artist Louis Gervais – performed at Portland Stage for “First Night” and then in 2004 at The Belfast Maskers.
- IMAGO, Theatre – based in Portland, OR – toured nationally and internationally from 1986-1989 and 1992-1993, performing mask theatre, movement and visual illusion to over 40 states in the U.S., Germany, Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong with appearances on “Good Morning, America” and the Disney special “New Vaudevillians, Too.” Company rehearsal director on tour.
Community Theatre Roles
- Mrs. Higgins – in “Pygmalion” with The Mid-Coast Actors’ Studio
- Helga ten Dorp – in “Deathtrap” with The Belfast Maskers
- Dog – in “Wiley and the Hairy Man” with The Belfast Maskers
- Carlo – in “Scapino” with The Belfast Maskers
- Verna Fields – in “At First Sight” with The Playhouse Theatre
- Alice B. Toklas – in “Gertrude Stein and a Companion” with The Playhouse Theatre
- Tom, Phyllis and Leslie – in “Sylvia” with The Camden Civic Theatre
Educator/artist-in-residence In Drama, Mask-making/mask Theatre
- Horizons Arts Program – Camden/Rockport Elementary & Middle school – 3rd grade drama//6th grade mask making/mask theatre – 2003 – present.
- Maine Alliance for Arts Education -integrating mask theatre, theatre improvisation, curriculum and social issues for high schools in rural Maine – 2000 – present.
- Heartwood Regional Theatre/summer program/Outreach to the schools – teaching mask theatre technique/mask making and drama – 2010-2013.
- Sitka Fine Arts Camp – mask making/mask theatre and theatre improvisation for two weeks in June – 1993 – 2011.
- Teaching various workshops and residencies in mask theatre/mask making /theatre improvisation and drama in Maine, across the U.S. and abroad.
- Theatre Improvisation with Keith Johnstone – Seattle, WA//company member of TheatreSports from ’84-‘86
- Clown with Sue Morrison, Movement Research Center, NYC and Avner Eisenberg, Celebration Barn Theatre, ME
- Action Theatre with Ruth Zapora, NYC
- Jacque Lecoq technique and commedia dell’arte with IMAGO Theatre, Portland, OR
- Sanford Meisner technique with Larry Silverberg, Seattle, WA
- Physical Theatre with Kari Margolis, Minneapolis, MN
- Physical Theatre with Davis Rider Robinson, Celebration Barn Theatre, ME
- African, modern dance with Garth Fagan, Rochester, NY