(207) 930-0049 (c)
FAUSTWORK Mask Theatre, Rob Faust Artistic Director. Performing “The Mask Messenger,” a solo mask theatre show that has toured throughout the U.S., and in Africa, South America and Canada 1993 – 2014.
- 3-week residency at Nazareth College in Rochester, NY.
- Artist-in-Residence, performer – Johannesburg Youth Theatre, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Interviewed and performed on “Good Morning South Africa.”
- Teacher-in-Service workshop affiliated with the Los Angeles Music Center & Education.
- Various day/week/ two week workshops/residencies for teachers/ schools in WA, AK, VA, FL, ME, CA and Peru.
2000 – Present
Artist-in-Residence, Building Community Through the Arts – Maine Alliance for Arts Education – Peter Alexander Executive Director (207) 522-7040 – [email protected] & Susan Potters
- Teaching a 10 day residency to High School students integrating mask theatre techniques, curriculum and social issues – culminating to a performance for other high school students.
- Orono High School, Penobscot Valley High School, Nokomis High School, Lee Academy, Foxcroft Academy, Matanawcook Academy, Bapst High School, Easton High School, Caribou High School and Brewer High School – all in Maine.
2003 – Present
Horizons Arts Program – Maria Libby Assistant Superintendent of Camden Schoools/ Program Director – (207) 236-3358
- Teaching a 19 day mask making residency for 6th grade students culminating to a performance.
- Teaching a 19 day mask theatre residency for 7th grade students.
- Teaching a 6 day mask theatre residency for 3rd grade students.
2007 – 2008
Figures of Speech Theatre – Carol & John Farrell (207) 865-6355
- Performed “Far East”, a puppet and movement theatre show to schools and performing arts centers.
June 1993 – June 2011
Sitka Fine Arts Camp – Roger Schmidt, Artistic Director, (907) 747 3085.
- Teaching mask theatre techniques, mask making and theatre improvisation for two weeks to middle and high school students culminating to a performance.
July 2010 – 2012
Heartwood Theatre /summer program – Griff Braley Director – (207) 563-1373
- Teaching mask theatre techniques and theatre skills for two weeks for ages 8 – 17 – culminating to a performance.
- Teaching mask-making/mask theatre for three weeks for ages 13 -18 – culminating to a performance.
November 1996 – March 1997
Artist-in-Residence with Latona Elementary and Phantom Lake Elementary (Seattle/Bellevue, WA)
- Received a King County Arts Commission grant to teach mask-making and mask theatre techniques to 4th and 5th grade – culminating to a performance. Worked with 180 students over a four month period of time.
August 1986-1989 & Sept. 1992 – June 1993
IMAGO Theatre, Artistic Directors Carol Triffle & Jerry Mouawad – (503) 231-9581 Performing IMAGO’s mask theatre repertoire in over 40 states, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan & Germany.
- Artist-in-Residence in Oregon, Kansas, Missouri and Louisiana, teaching mask, movement, drama, improvisation and
mask-making, ages K-12 and university level.
- Performed on Disney special “New Vaudevillians, Too,”and “Good Morning America.
B.S. in Dance and Children’s Theatre from Eastern Michigan University, 1981.
- Theatre Improvisation with Keith Johnstone, member of Seattle TheatreSports
- Clown with Sue Morrison, Movement Research Center, NYC
and Avner Eisenberg, Celebration Barn Theatre, Maine
- Action Theatre with Ruth Zapora, NYC
- Jacque Lecoq technique and Commedia dell’arte with IMAGO Theatre, Portland, OR
- Sanford Meisner technique with Larry Silverberg, Seattle, WA
- African, modern dance with Garth Fagan, Rochester, NY
- Physical Theatre with Kari Margolis, Minneapolis, MN
- Physical Theatre with Davis Rider Robinson, ME
Beverly has performed in over 40 states and in Germany, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Africa, Mozambique and Peru with appearances on “Good Morning, America” and the Disney special “New Vaudevillians, Too.” For the past twelve years she has been busy collaborating with several artists in the state of Maine. She has also been seen in several roles in mid-coast Maine including: Mrs. Higgins in Mid-Coast Actors’ Studio production of “Pygmallion” , Pinocchio in Heartwood Regional Theatre’s – “Pinocchio”, La Poncia in “The House of Bernarda Alba” and several roles in “American Tales”, The Belfast Maskers – Helga ten Dorp in “Deathtrap”, Dog in “Wiley and the Hairy Man” and Carlo in “Scapino”, Alice B. Toklas in The Playhouse Theatre’s – “Gertrude Stein and a Companion”, Verna Fields in “At First Sight” and Tom, Phyllis and Leslie in Camden Civic Theatre’s production of “Sylvia”. She has also been involved in many “New Vaudeville Revue” productions in Belfast.